Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

I am currently the support person who has been bailed to me

Customer Question

Hello. I am currently the support person for someone who has been bailed to me and we have experienced bail checks every night for the past three months. Within this time due to personal circumstances I have moved to a new address and of course all bail alterations have been made. At the moment I am residing in a block of townhouses and the existing residents are beginning to wonder what is going on as the police car enters the complex every night and parks right outside my townhouse. I have heard that they may complain to the real estate which could put my lease at risk. Is there anything I can do? Thankyou
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.

Sadly no, they can attend to checks when they see fit.
BUT, his lawyer can ask for the bail conditions to be varied so that there is no curfew, and use the constant visits as a reason for the reduction of bail conditions.

This can be done at the next court date.

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 months ago.

I note I have not received a response?