Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have recently had a forced redundancy placed upon me due

Customer Question

I have recently had a forced redundancy placed upon me due to lack of business.
The business did in fact have work for me to do however chose not to offer it to me.
I continued as a contractor and a few weeks after redundancy a person has been employed with same credentials as mine.
Last Friday at a staff meeting I was advised that up and coming work in my field would not be passed on to me.
Do I have an opportunity to challenge this ?
Regards
Graham Jopling
***@******.***
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.
Good MorningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.The question is did they restructure and merge your job with another person or did they just employ someone else to do your job and nothing changed apart form you leaving?How long ago was this?