Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have been a victim of fraudulent behavioure as some one

Customer Question

Hi i have been a victim of fraudulent behavioure as some one broke into my letter box and got my drivers licence. As a result of attempts of obtaining credit etc the criminal was able.to hire numerouse cars through a car company by just using my licence. I have reported this to the car company amd the police but most recently i received a bill from a debt collection agency. This made me furiouse. The car company state they need a 100 points of id when all they had was my licence. Thos has casued me much stress and frustration? Can i take action against the car company for failing the 100 points id check?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.
Good EveningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.You should not be liable for anything. How long ago did they take out the loan? When did you report the fraud to the police?Are they aware of this fraud and are they investigating?Have they commenced proceedings against you?