Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

I am a financial planner and plan to leave my existing

Customer Question

I am a financial planner and plan to leave my existing dealer group for another. The existing dealer group wants to charge me one years professional indemnity insurance although I will depart in the next 30 days. As the amount of the insurance is fairly large about $9,000 I think it unfair. Insurance companies charge normally on a pro rata basis and refund any unused portion. How do I get redress?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.I am not sure why they would do that. Do you usually have your own insurance or are you covered under their insurance? What does your contract say?