Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

Can a contract accepted on ebay and half the amount paid,

Customer Question

can a contract accepted on ebay and half the amount paid, just be changed by the seller. i have a bill of sale
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no, it is just happening. all of a sudden they want all the money up front where the contract said the vehicle will br delivered and i have one week to make up my mind and pay the rest. i even offered to pay the moment the van is here, ebay motors said is ok, but i want the van here first.the owners are in the uk
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: then i have to pay a lawyer so it is costing me more.i thought that ebay must have a sellers contrac too and they just can not change at whim when half is paid
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.
HelloWhat does the add say?Unless there is some mutual agreement, then nothing else can be done really. If there is nothing really stated in the add, then it would easily be presumed that payment will be made at delivery surely.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what I wrote to you was in the add. 1 week after delivery
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.
Well that is what would be agreed upon then. if it changes, it needs to be via consent of each party. Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting at no further cost to you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I bought a van via ebay motors and paid half to the buyer in the uk.have a bill of sale.the contract said the send the van and i have 1 week for inspection and then can can pay the other half. then they started that they need the money could I send it now. i said no, nut straight away when the van will be here.he send me a copy of his passport.but not sure if not a fake foto.he sounded asian.ebay said it is secure but i have no way of tracing the van. no phone nr or anything Australian.Now they stopped the transport because I have not paid the rest.Is not ebay motors the one to deal with, they also must have a contract with the seller, they can not just change at will
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.
HelloI note the above. It seems it maybe an EBAY scam, but again, my advice has not changed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks
It looks like a scam
I talked to the guy on his phone in the Uk
I will inform the fraud squat and go after ebay motorsales and what ever I can find
Put an add in London news papers and see where I can put a warning on line
Gumtree maybe
My son is a detective he should be able to detect some more info
I will get stuck into this
Regards
Mireille
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.
All the best with it. Please click accept and rate my service.
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.
HelloI have not heard a response from you?I wish to assist. Please click accept and rate my service. I can answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.​I look forward to hearing from you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
there is no party but myself. You could not be helpful at all
it would have take too much time.it is a scam, I wrote that to you already
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.
I have advised you about the matter, and the contractual obligations.