Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Purchased a new car and got finance from Savvy Finance and

Customer Question

Purchased a new car and got finance from Savvy Finance and they put me onto there Gianni from Vehicles direct who helped me pick the right car. I am in Qld and the car Gianni found was from WA, So it had to be transported to Qld. On arrival the car was dirty.....obviously i understand being on the back of a truck and travelling interstate its going to get dirty but i would have thought they could have arranged for it to be cleaned...its a brand new car....no one wants to receive a brand new car thats dirty!! Since delivery the car has not moved as we need to go and register it and do on roads, so it's parked in our garage and we have been staring at it checking it out and have noticed a small dent and what looks like a stone chip which has chipped the paint. I have called the dealer, The transport company, Gianni from vehicles direct and no one wants to take responsibility for the damage. I never noticed it when it arrived because i was obviously looking for major damage and scratches, excited because our new car had arrived i was in awe, and because it was dirty it was hard to notice any minor scratches. I did mention to the deliever driver/transit guy that the car was dirty but he didn't say anything just stood there, so i assumed it wasn't his responsibility and just signed the paper work. So back to the chip i'm worried it might start to rust after a while so would like someone to be responsible and get it repaired but the transport company have said they don't cover stone chips in the transport....but I believe it is 'someones' job to get the vehicle to the buyer undamaged!!!!! Please help....
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The Lawyer will figure it out. Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: qld
JA: Huh?
Customer: Queensland
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no thats all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.
Good Morning, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.If it is a new car it is the car dealers responsibility to have it cleaned and registered into your name. This is not your responsibility. Why did you take possession of the car without checking it at the dealer? This is a problem for you. Is it a new car or a used car?