Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

I got married in 2008, seperated last Oct. I had accident in

Customer Question

I got married in 2008, seperated last Oct. I had accident in 2007 and haven't worked since as a result, now on newstart with ongoing 3mthly sick certs (less than 8hrs /wk activity.. in other words . no job seaking)
Wife bought house jun 2014. Now for sale she wants every thing she ever spent on it paid to her before dividing up. Of About $180,000 expected after cost of sale, she is offering me expected $17,800.
I was happy to settle for $45k as I'm not a greedy person, but I don't like being taken either. I figure as a Legal Partnership it is 50/50. Doesn't matter who paid for what.. correct?
Got a letter from her solicitor today, wanting a reply so that Consent orders can be filed with the court prior to settlement. what can i do? thank you in advance. Cleve
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.
HelloSadly it is not a split of 50/50 in any event. Did you contribute financially to the home?What assets did you bring into the home?