Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My property has an adjoining brick wall which is a wall of

Customer Question

My property has an adjoining brick wall which is a wall of the garage next door to me.
The wall is approx. 7metres.
Developments are going to take place at the next-door block and this wall will be demolished.
I do not want to pay for the replacement paling fence which will be needed and put up as the removal of the wall, which is quite sound, is not in my interests.
Can you please tell me if I will be obliged to pay - hopefully, not.
Thankyou for your attention to this matter.
Regards, *****
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

You do not have to pay for anything. If the wall formed part of the fence then the ones the demolish it have to replace it they cannot force you to pay for a fence.