Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

Last week I have hit a kid on shopping centre by my working

Customer Question

Last week I have hit a kid on shopping centre by my working car , and I don't have a valid driver licence , my vehicle was impounded by the police.
The kid is fine nothing goes wrong. And I need to go court by the police notice .
What is the panelty I will face
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.
Good EveningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.Do you have a copy of the facts?You are going to be found guilty for driving without a licence. Can you get a license?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I haven't receive the court letter yet , but the officer only told me that I will have the minimum fine. But I not sure will I lose my licence or the suspent gonna be extent
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.
Good EveningBecause you do not have a licence you will be suspended. But if you go to get one before you go to court and show remorse, then you may not lose it. It shows you have done the right thing and got a valid licence. You are being charged for driving without one. I have had the courts not convict someone if they see they have done the right thing. So can you go and get a licence?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do have a Australia licence , but is suspended and the releasing date is 27 may
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.
Good EveningIf you were driving on a suspended licence you will lose it for 12 months. Driving when suspended the courts do not take to kindly to it. There is no excuse for doing it. Did you lose it because of demerits?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes it is lose because of demerit point
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How much Is the fine gonna cost
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.
You have to plead guilty and you are going to lose it for 12 months. If you do it again the court will consider jail. These things are not ta***** *****ghtly the courts are very strict and they apply the law strictly. Have a solicitor represent you and you should not get into the car again. On the 27 you have to go and apply for a new licence it is not automatic. The court may take it away. If it is a first offence then $3300.00 is the maximum fine. If you have a similar one in the last 5 years then it is a second offence and the fine is $5,500.00 and 2 years disqualification minimumI hope this makes sense and is of assistance If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon