Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

CAN A TATTOO OPERATOR LOSE LICENSE IF THERE IS AN AVO AGINST

Customer Question

CAN A TATTOO OPERATOR LOSE LICENSE IF THERE IS AN AVO AGINST THEM
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.
Good Morning, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.To be eligible the following applies. An AVO is a control order but it appears that the control order has to be in connection with a criminal organisation. If that is the case then yes he can lose the licence to operate. EligibilityTo be eligible for a licence, you must:be 18 years or olderbe an Australian citizen or permanent residentnot be subject to a control order (made by a court) because of a link to a declared criminal organisationpass a Police security determinationsubmit a close associates form (PDF) for each close associate to either the business or yourself.Here is the link this comes from. https://www.qld.gov.au/law/laws-regulated-industries-and-accountability/queensland-laws-and-regulations/regulated-industries-and-licensing/regulated-industries-licensing-and-legislation/tattoo-industry-regulation/get-a-tattoo-licence-or-permit/apply-for-tattoo-operator-licence/If they are in connection with a criminal organisation then the answer is yes. I hope this all makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I got the same information off the qld gov website
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.
This is the law as it applies. I have provided it to you to back up what I have said. So you have to look at the AVO. If it relates to any criminal organisation they can take his license away. I hope this makes sense and os of assistance. If you want me to confirm I need to see the AVOI and also the Facts and evidence that have been relied on by the Police to have the AVO granted. This should not be published online as it will be public information. But can be emailed to***@******.***