Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

I am in a quandary this person whom i met online has a visa

Customer Question

I am in a quandary this person whom i met online has a visa to travel to Australia she says she needs AU$5000 to show to her Embassy before she can travel to this country as she needs assets before she is allowed to fly to Australia.Is this plausible?
On the phone she cries and begs says she is not 'a player' does it sound suspicious the whole scenario?
Resigned from her job as a Registered Nurse,now she is in Manila frightened? She has been to her Embassy she says she has a Visa but has to show financial assests if they know I am the one helping her she won't be able to leave the country.She states she will bring the AU$5000 back to me.What do you reckon?I am concerned I will not see the money again
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.
Good MorningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.Do not send anymore money this is a scam. You will not get any money back and she will not come to australia. If she is coming on a holiday visa there is no such fee. Check with Scamwatch do not send any money. Your concerns are correct and you will lose the money and never see it or her at all. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon