Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

Police check i have been convict year1986 spent 18 months of

Customer Question

police check i have been convict year1986 spent 18 months of 6yr sentence does this still show up on a national check
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: i was convicted in nsw my son is trying to have his for weekend as the son lives with us the child lawyer has requested a police check onall of us im worried as i have never told our kids about this and worried it will get out
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: i have not been in trouble since will that help
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.
Good eveningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.What state was this in?What was your sentence, 6years?