Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I sustained a very serious head injury at work. leading up

Customer Question

I sustained a very serious head injury at work. leading up to incident I was dealing with massive amounts of abuse and bullying. It's of my opinion the leading cause of the incident was because of the bullying. I made a mistake I wouldn't have made otherwise. I was dealing with psycho social hazards that were, put simply ! Ignored. I have just been to mediation ( more like an interrogation) with my lawyer and a barrister. The pressure to accept an offer right then and there was a real. I didn't want to accept, because so many issues have not been dealt with. 1 .missing incident reports.2 misleading incident site pictures.3 bullying. I feel the company has not only been negligent with the incident itself but also in the companies representation of the facts. I also feel that there is to much professional courtesy going on between lawyers and what I want is for this case to get in front of a judge. I have been told there is no exemplary damages in workcover cases. Honestly I don't care. I also feel that the company has a huge amount of unwanted influence on my decision process. I have all the necessary proof to go with the obvious questionable behaviour not only with the company but the lawyer and barrister involved. I was not involved in the choice of barrister or was I provided the brief that was apparently provided to the barrister. and when I raised more than just these concerns to my lawyer. she comes back with. The barrister has quit. I think the barrister was negotiating on behalf of the company . not mine. All I want is to go to court because if I settle the company walks. No punishment for bullying and abuse and the the covering up of what actually happen at the incident....cheers.....Dave
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.
HelloWhat was agreed upon? Some form of settlement?That 'resolved the matter'?A deed of release type document?
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.
HelloI note I have not received a response from you. Please click accept and rate my service. After doing so, I can answer further questions at no further cost.
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.
HelloI have not heard a response from you?I wish to assist. Please click accept and rate my service. I can answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.​I look forward to hearing from you.