Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

As I live in a lifestyle over 50 s resort.we buy the home but

Customer Question

As I live in a lifestyle over 50 s resort.we buy the home but not the land,we pay a resort fee ,for ground & facilitys up keep , in the past 2 years these fee have doubled ,is this with in scope of consumer affaires ,also they read our (Water& electric meters quarterlie)&charge a fee to do so,this also has increased from$19.00 -21.00 to 25.00 in 2 years the last rise was only a month apart thank you
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Alex_Esquire replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.Unfortunately, generally, Resorts are legally allowed to raise their fees at their discretion, as long as, such fee increases do not violate the purchase agreement terms between the home owner and the resort.So, as long as, the fee increase is not in violation of any purchase agreement terms, I am afraid there would generally not be any legal recourse and the consumer affairs bureau would not have any jurisdiction or authority over similar issues.I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry for inconvenience ,I was looking to Queensland gov department,in Australia think you
I will transfer your question to Australia Law.
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.
Good MorningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.When you say the fees do you mean strata levies?