Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My parents allowed me to take care of their banking

Customer Question

My parents allowed me to take care of their banking for them for over five years. In this time I took out three credit card and used for myself. They were taken out via their internet banking and I never signed forms etc. They now know about these and have the cards in their wallets. I am making steps to have the cards repaid in full. Will I be prosecuted by the bank or do my parents have a say in whether charges will be filed?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.Are they accusing you of theft?
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.
Good Morning. Just following up my last post,. I am happy to assist but need more details.