Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

I have 2 separate houses

Customer Question

I have 2 separate houses with own drive, electricity & post box on a 4037 sq m property zoned low density on the gold coast at*****Helensvale. How do I obtain a strata title to create a management scheme/plan so that the 2 houses can be sold separately under the plan?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.
Good Morning. My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.You need to get a surveyor to prepare the subdivision. They will advise you if it is best to create a strata or torrens with an easement where they each use the driveway as a right of way, The Surveyor will then draw up the plans and lodge them with council for their approval. Once approved then you need approval of any mortgagee on title and then you lodge them with the Department of Lands. They will then create the new lots and issue new titles for each lot etcThis is the process. All is based on the assumption that your land is able to be subdivided. If this is not the case then you cannot do it.I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The answer u have provided does not provide what i was looking for. Please refund our money