Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer

How can I urgently find out what payments are being

Customer Question

How can I urgently find out what payments are being collected for my 14 year old daughter?
I am her mother and I have not been contacted by centerlink to confirm anyone else to receive payments for her and I susspect that documents have been falsely submitted.
I need to know before tomorrow evening and also the same check for my 9 year old daughter
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 5 months ago.
Unfortunately there is no set procedure to simply inquire as to any payment claims made in relation to your daughter. You can enquire of the Depratment of Human Services on the basis you are her mother, but it is most unlikely they can or will give you anything in the time frame you have asked. You could lodge a freedom of information application or if you are inquiring in the context of legal action you could issue a subpoena, which are the only ones which will compel the department to disclose records, but both such processes will likely take many weeks to produce the relevant documents.You can read about freedom of information applications here: information about issuing a subpoena, you should check with the court registry where your legal matter is being dealt with. If you need more time to get the information than your court timetable allows, you may have to ask for an extention of time or adjournment until the subpoena process is complete.I trust the above assists your understanding as to how to proceed.Good luck and Please rate my answer.Patrick