Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My partner has an avo on me but she has dropped the charges

Customer Question

My partner has an avo on me but she has dropped the charges what is involved in having the avo droped
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: She had me charged with asult coz we had an argument but dropped the charges but the avo still stands we have a 6 month old baby together but it is hard for me to see him because of the avo and I don't understand how the avo can still stand if there is no charges laid on me anymore
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: What do u mean
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.If the police have dropped the charges and she has no fear for her safety she can ask the court on the next occasion to withdraw the AVO. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon