Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I have been caught up in a lottery win from overseas and have

Customer Question

I have been caught up in a lottery win from overseas and have paid money to receive this pay out but realised it was a scam. Lost $14000.00 and trying to retrieve my loss. They are saying I had an agreement with them won't repay. This is with my bank trying to communicate with them but so far unsuccessful. Is it worth fighting for? Or should I cut my loss and move on?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.
Good MorningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.I am so sorry to hear this. You should not give them any money as they are simply scamming you for more. You should cut your losses and move on but at the same time you should report it the scam watch and the AFPhttp://www.scamwatch.gov.auhttp://www.afp.gov.au/policing/cybercrime/online-fraud-and-scamsYou will not get anywhere trying to fight them because the money has been disbursed. Even if you can have the person that is sending you emails and communications they will be prosecuted in the country they are in but there is almost no change of you getting the money back. I am very sorry to hear about what has happened and that I am unable to give you more positive news. I hope this all makes sense and is of assistance, if there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon