Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
61534878

I want to know if register a company called **** Productions

Customer Question

Hi i want to know if register a company called **** Productions and its services to provide production accounting for films and TV.....under the same company name can I also provide event management services?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you there is no general law that prevents you offering various services under the same company name providing the name does not operate so as to mislead people as to the nature of the business. A company called X productions in a film context could conceivably carry on all sorts of services which support film production and there should be no problem.However, be aware that if you are operating as a professional firm (e.g. as accountancy firm specialising in film production work) you should check with your professional association to ensure that there are no regulatory requirements that restrict you from operating the professional business in conjunction with other types of business. Even then, if there is a problem, it would likely just mean you would need to have a separate trading name or company for the professional component of your operations.I trust this assists.Good luck and please rate my answer.Patrick