Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I am a contractor and recently was contracted to provide slashing

Customer Question

I am a contractor and recently was contracted to provide slashing and chemical spraying advice and services. We supplied estimates for the work to be carried out and stock procedures for stock safety. WE performed three days work for a total of $1740.50 which the client has used every excuse of work not being done correctly to refuse to pay. She has then made a claim of damage to a steel cage on her property which was lying on it's side in 2.5 metres tall lantana, which our machine moved 2 metres to clear the area in question for slashing / clearing. The client now insists this cage is unable to be repaired, has major damage and must be renewed. ( we disagree) The quotation supplied for purposes of insurance claim is $1650 for a new Aluminium cage, not steel. The client has used this quotation as an offset from our invoice and summarily paid $90.50 being the balance. I need to bring this matter before the court for resolution. how do I do this?
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes... I was thinking more about the mechanics as my solicitor said I would need to make my own representation.
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: None, so far, as I have only just given them the file.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: Not really, I do believe this matter is quite simple, we have done the work, the invoiced price for the work is less than the estimates given.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.
HelloPlaying devils advocate, is there any way you damaged the cage?
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.
HelloI note I have not received a response from you. Please click accept and rate my service. After doing so, I can answer further questions at no further cost.
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.
HelloI have not heard a response from you?I wish to assist. Please click accept and rate my service. I can answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.​I look forward to hearing from you.