Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I have had a Garnishee order against me, this order states

Customer Question

I have had a Garnishee order against me, this order states my employer must pay from my wages leaving a $480.50 per week.
After reading the court documents it says that they must leave the same as Workers Compensation payment amounts,
Payment being 5% of gross pay for the first 13 weeks the 20% from then on
Is this correct, or what is the amount that my employer must pay
Thanks
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.
Good MorningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.Yes this is correct. Your employer must comply with the order. If they do not then they are in breach and can be personally liable. They cannot take more than the Workers compensation amount. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon