Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My quest is about caveats in nsw. about 5 years ago i departed

Customer Question

Hi, my quest is about caveats in nsw. about 5 years ago i departed with my partner, her name was on the title of the home, i placed a caveat on the title from using legal aid victoria. after the court hearing etc the caveat was removed. now im about to refinance the property, i'll just did a title search, the caveat has been put back on there. I don't know why, whats the quickest process to have the caveat removed.
thank you for your assistance
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.
Good EveningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.Is the house just in your name?The caveat is it the one you put on or is it a are one from her?Do you have orders from the family court that says it should be in your name only and has that all finished?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes it's only in my name.
It's the caveat legal aid put on for me
Yes have orders and has been finalized
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.
Good Evening. You can file a lapsing notice to get rid of it. http://www.lpi.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/25537/08LX.pdfThe above is the form.