Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

When I was between the age of 18-20 I got a few fines and never

Customer Question

when I was between the age of 18-20 I got a few fines and never paid them. over time the fines turned into warrants and came to a total of about $15500 I still havnt paid the fines because there is no way I can afford that and I have asked to be put onto a payment plan but they wont allow me to because the total is too high. what are my options?
I am wondering if there is any way to reduce the amount of the fines?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.If they will not agree to reduce them you cannot do much. In order to reduce the fines you have to show that you can give them a lump sum. They will not agree to reducing them and you pay it off. Do you have any assets such as real estate or a car?