andreab-cssm
andreab-cssm,
92586782

I was hit with a a letter of demand from a collection agency.After

Customer Question

Hi. I was hit with a a letter of demand from a collection agency.
After speaking to them we worked out the exact final figure to be paid and it was to be paid in two instalments a week apart. I have paid the full amount stated which included clients recovery costs but now have received another demand for more money for further recovery costs. Can they do this?
Thanks
Donna
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.
hello, no they cannot, as there was an arrangement made to settle the amount by 2 instalments. They cannot now make a claim for further money. Like many debt collection agencies, I suggest that they have just mismanaged the file. Send them an email outlining the error and strongly suggest they update their file. Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.
HelloI have not heard a response from you?I wish to assist. Please click accept and rate my service. I can answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.​I look forward to hearing from you.
Expert:  andreab-cssm replied 10 months ago.
Hi Donna,
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (paste the question link into the response). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.