Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

When spotlights are fitted to a vehicle is it ok to

Customer Question

When spotlights are fitted to a vehicle is it ok for them to be wired into the highbeam, meaning that when high beam is applied the spots come on as well and cannot be isolated from the vehicles high beam?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.
Good EveningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.Each state has its own rules and you have to speak to the Motor registry. The car may not be registrable if you do not comply with their rules. It must meet the standards set by the state body. I cannot say what each state requires only the registry can tell you that and you have to meet their requirements. I hope this makes sense?