Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

I have been renovating my

Customer Question

My name is LindaRecently I have been renovating my kitchen. During this process I have paid the cabinet maker $5000.00 approx. The job is not finished. I have not been happy with the workmanship and I had to pay a plumber a large amount of money to fox the piping that the cabinet maker did not finish. The cabinet maker was rung and did not return the call.
I asked the cabinet maker about deducting some of the money that I paid of the price and he refused. The cabinet rang me and said that all the money had to be paid up front before the kitchen was to be finished. I have not paid the cabinet maker as the kitchen is not finished. I received a text from the cabinet makers wife who stated that I should not be having the kitchen done if "Ican't afford it" and that I was responsible for them not paying their suppliers. I have complained about the join in the bench and now I can run my finger under the new sink . The kitchen is not finished. I have never received a contract. As well I have had to ask for receipts for the work done. I have received them.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.Who did you have the contract with for the kitchen?