Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

I have a criminal history that is holding me back, no serious

Customer Question

I have a criminal history that is holding me back, no serious offences just silly misdemeanors from when I was younger. Is it possible to get it cleared?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: From 2004 through to about 2009 I have a few misdemeanor charges like, consuming alcohol in public, urinating in public, speeding offences and other vehicle offences. I really want to apply to get them cleared
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago. Yes it is possible to have the offences cleared, it is called a spent conviction. Catch is, they need to be minor offences and over 10 years ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.
HelloI have not heard a response from you?I wish to assist. Please click accept and rate my service. I can answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.​I look forward to hearing from you.