Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

My ex wife moved with my consent to the USA. she has visited once since and i was in the U

Customer Question

my ex wife moved with my consent to the USA. she has visited once since and i was in the USA 6 months ago to visit my son. now she is here in AU again but she doesn't let me see my son this time. How can I stop her from taking my son out this time? she is planing to leave next week Monday!
Submitted: 5 months ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.
Good MorningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.You have to file an urgent application with the Family Court/Federal Circuit Court and also seek to have the child placed on the airport watch list. You need to have a solicitor assist you in this and contact the AFP for the Airport watch list. Here is a link fro the AFP for you. will prevent her leaving with the wild. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
how long will it take for the AFP to get active?
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.
They can move very quicklyBut you should also get your application in the court in ASAP because the AFP may ask to see if you are proceeding for orders.You would request the Court matter be listed urgently and note that you have made an application with the AFP