Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

I have been parking my ute an trailer(11 months) that i use

Customer Question

i have been parking my ute an trailer(11 months) that i use for work everyday , except sunday ,i live in a dead end street,very little traffic ,i park half on verge an half on road an iv just got home an have been given a 3.9 traffic ticket
($40) saying its on a thoroughfare ,a ranger spoke to me a about 2 months ago an he said everything was fine ,can you please advise me as their a big 6 wheeler truck park in the same street an he has got no ticket ,Thanks Peter ,*****@******.***
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.
Good eveningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.It is against the law to park on the verge, the fact you have been doing it for 11 months does not mean you have established rights. If you had a letter from the ranger that you spoke to this would be of assistance and evidence to cancel the fine but it is your word against his. Did the truck park on the verge?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no it parks on the road an truck takes up over half the road
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.
Good Evening. If you have been booked for parking on the verve then you cannot do anything about it. If you are booked for taking up the road then you can fight it. But it is not going to be easy.