Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

I have worked at an Independent school in Perth last

Customer Question

I have worked at an Independent school in Perth for the last 16 years -5 of them as a permanent teacher and the rest as a Relief Teacher. As a relief teacher I worked 1/3 - 1/2 of the school year. In 2016, although I have made myself available and no other factors have changed, I have not received one offer of relief teaching in any subject. I know that others have been employed. I believe that I am being discriminated against. What advice can you offer. Thanks Nora
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.
Good EveningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.What basis are you saying you are discriminated against? Age, sex?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
previous experience
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.
Good AfternoonIt is not a ground that is recognised by the law. I think it may come under Age if you are saying that. The people they are preferring to you are they younger?