Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Hey I recently started up a designer dress hire shop. One

Customer Question

Hey
I recently started up a designer dress hire shop. One of the girls that has hired a dress is interstate. She didn't fit the dress . Even though I sent the correct size she asked for . She demanded a refund which I said I would give but she is refusing to return the dress until she gets the refund. Is there a law where she has to return the dress before recieving her refund.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.
Good EveningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.Do you have terms and conditions that you have the customers agree to? If you do, do they mention that the responsibility for the size is theres as they decide?You can request that the dress be returned before you give a refund. There is no law that says she has to get a refund before she returns the dress and it has to be in the same condition it was when you sent it.