Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My accountant gave me wrong advise,my company was insolvent

Customer Question

my accountant gave me wrong advise,my company was insolvent and my accountant told me to liquadate my company and sell it to me.ato has charge me for phonix scam.ato lawyers are aware of this advise given to me .l am told to sue my acvountant
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no i havent .i am looking for someone who can asdist me . my whole world turn up side down
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: i got all the minutes and the email correspondence with my accountant and this was also given to ato .ato are aware of all the correspondence.my accountant has apologise to me .i am more than happy to email to you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.
Good MorningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.Your option is exactly that. Sue your accountant for negligence and the value of your losses is the value of your company and future losses. He has insurance and you should contact solicitors that practice in professional negligence and will undertake the work on a no fee no win basis. You have a claim and you will be successful as he has been professionally negligent. What state of australia are you in?
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.
Good MorningContact the law society in your state and get a referral to a solicitor that practice in professional negligence and they can assist you. Most should act on a no win no fee basis. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon