Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My wife has been offered redundancy from the NSW Mine Subsidence

Customer Question

My wife has been offered redundancy from the NSW Mine Subsidence Board. Her current role is clerk grade 1/2 and has 27 years of continuous service with this employer.
What is the standard redundancy package ?
How many weeks pay per year of service should she receive on termination ?
What is the tax free threshold ?
Is timing an issue regarding financial year end ?
Thank you for your assistance
***** *****
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.
Good MorningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.The standard periods as set out in the Fair Work Act is12 Weeks for working 12 years or more4 Weeks notice plus 1 week if over 45 years of ageLong Service Leave that has not been paid out. and any accrued annual leaveHaving said that she may be eligible for more in a government department and that is set out in her awardBefore she accepts anything she has to speak to the Union as government departments tend to be more generousHere is the link for the minimum standardshttps://www.fairwork.gov.au/ending-employment/redundancy/redundancy-pay-and-entitlements#2045-2047I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.
Good EveningI am just following up my last post. Is there anything else I can assist you with?