Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer

I've told that I have a 6 meeting ban from my Gokart club

Customer Question

Hi I've told that I have a 6 meeting ban from my Gokart club from racing I have 2 children that race also it's on private property the owner hasn't given a ban it's the club so as I see it I can still go on the property even no the club says I cant
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet trying to avoid that but it's stopping my boys from racing as they need me there to race
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No but am I allowed on the premises
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question.If you haven't been invited on by the private owner of the land, and cannot reasonably claim such an invitation was implied, you will technically be trespassing. So if the club has their meet at a public park, and hasn't hired the venue, then because its a public park there is an implicit invitation to public, so the club cannot prevent you from attending. However, if it is private property, owned by someone who has either invited the club to use their venue, then regardless of whether the club has hired the venue out or not, the invitation was only to the club, and implicitly only its members as permitted by the club. So in that case if the club bars you from attending then land owners invitation won't apply to you and therefore you would be trespassing if you attend.I appreciate the above may not be the answer you were hoping for but I trust it assists your understanding.Good luck and please rate my answer.Patrick Regardless, if you are a club member and you fail to accept the club's suspension, the club can take further action against you.I would suggest you seek permission to attend, if only