Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I am in WA and rent our house. The agreement expires on 1 July

Customer Question

I am in WA and rent our house. The agreement expires on 1 July and I have indicated by email we would like to renew. I have asked they consider reducing the rent. The manager called and asked by how much. I said I thought $50 pw would be reasonable. I heard nothing for a week until today when the manager sent me an agreement to sign with rent at $5o less. We have not signed and now want to allow the lease to terminate on the expiry date. Can we? Thanks
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: No that is all quite straight forward.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.
Hello
Yes, as tn contract has not been signed. Secondly, there was some delay and getting back to you in any event.
7 days in the circumstances is significant.
You are free to leave. You are not breaching the terms of the contract, as the contract has not been entered into anyway.Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you.
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.
HelloI have not heard a response from you?I wish to assist. Please click accept and rate my service. I can answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.​I look forward to hearing from you.