Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

Divorce, my wife is falsely accusing me of beating her for

Customer Question

Divorce, my wife is falsely accusing me of beating her for ten years I have a lot of witnesses that intercate that she use violence when things don't go her way. She was being treated for bipolar and took her self of her meds over a year ago things got worse
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes but I'm wondering is there anyway I can get medical information from our Dr that put her on the meds for bipolar. My wife's lawyer said in mediation that she already looked into it and my wife was not treated for bipolar. I know she was cause child protection got involved and said it be a good idea my wife go back on her meds. At that stage all we knew she was being treated for was mood disorder. When to the Dr and we asked about going back on meds I asked Dr about possible bipolar she said I was already treating her for bipolar is there any way the Dr will release this for me
JA: What advice did they give you? Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: She has hurt the children a lot and we have had police. Child protection and child first involved because the amount of times she's hurt the kuds
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  BarristerJones replied 7 months ago.
I need some more information before i can respond. What state is this in? Do you know the name of the doctor? What documents have already been filed?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Colac, Victoria, Australia. Dr Mira pijani of the Colac otway medical centre
I apologize. This was listed under U.S. law. I will see if I can refer to an Australia law category.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Oh thank u
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.
Hello
You can issue subpoena to the treating doctor for all medical records in respect of her treatment.
http://www.familycourt.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/fcoaweb/reports-and-publications/publications/subpoenas/subpoena-information-for-a-person-requesting-the-issue-of-subpoenaIt seems to be a very hostile and toxic relationship. I would suggest also that you focus on your positives more than her negatives in court also.Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.
HelloI have not heard a response from you?I wish to assist. Please click accept and rate my service. I can answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.​I look forward to hearing from you.