Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I was told by Medicare that I need Power of Attorney to change

Customer Question

I was told by Medicare that I need Power of Attorney to change my husbands address. He has Emphasema & has had a triple heart by-pass & has had a plastic vein put in his left leg & uses a walker as he gets out of breath very easily.
is this necessary or could I just get a letter from him giving me permission to change his address.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.
Hello
A power of attorney generally is for finances and the like. So as such no it isn't necessary.
However, really, your dealing with a government agency. I would always encourage that you just do as they request, as with some people that work there, will only process what is required in their process.
A power of attorney can be downloaded of the net and signed with little issue.
Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so also at no further cost.
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.
HelloI have not heard a response from you?I wish to assist. Please click accept and rate my service. I can answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.​I look forward to hearing from you.
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.