Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am being harassed and blackmailed by phone , text and email by a young 25 yo guy who I have known for about 6 years. In the early days I tried to help him get his life back together and get a job. This was in NSW and I felt sorry for him as he had noone and his parents had disowned him. He had previously been in trouble with the police in his home state of Victoria. In NSW it became evident he had not changed his ways and got into trouble with two of his girlfriends taking out AVOs on him and one he assulted when drunk. I then found out he also had been stealing from them and he later was charged with fraud against another friend. He also took my credit card and stole over $8,000 from me He went to melbourne and did the same to his father.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.Did you report the stolen card?Is he still in NSW?
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.
Good AfternoonCan you please stay on this postI have asked you get a refund on the new one. Did you report the stealing of the card to the police and the bank?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The balance of the question I continued after I paid
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No I did not report the card stolen as I didn't want to get him in trouble - I am not concerned about that its just for background - My concern is his harassment and threats and blackmail now ( 2 years later)
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.
I would suggest you report the stolen card and the unauthorised use and the current blackmailing emails See a solicitor to assist you with the letter He will not listen to any reason and will continue until the police come to his door. What he is doing is against the law and the report to the police with all the information is what you have to do.Him being in QLD it has to be to QLD police. NSW Police cannot touch him in QLD. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance.