Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

I'm looking at leaving my husband. I'm worried , our

Customer Question

I'm looking at leaving my husband. I'm worried for mine, our daughters' and our pets' safety, and he's been emotionally manipulating me and isolating me for a number of years.
I'm worried he will just take our daughter - who is 14months and still BF.
Also, I'll go to my mums' but she's in NSW, whereas we're living in Qld. Will he come up with some random law that states I can't take her there?
He's in child protection himself and is knows the laws and systems and so on, so I'm freaking out a bit.
I'd just like to know where I stand and what my rights are.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.
Good MorningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.There are no rights of parents to the children it is the childrens rights to see their parents but if you fear for your safety and the childrens you should report this to the police. Let the police know and they will assist you to get away and then you can file an urgent application with the family court. You should contact legal aid about this as I suspect they will assist you and you would be eligible. Their website is as follows you have to advise the police of your fears and they will advise on what they can doI hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon