Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Pearl, JA: What is your issue regarding?Customer: My

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: What is your issue regarding?
Customer: My mom is holding a tourist visa. Yesterday, she was caught and charged as an unauthorised dealing with goods (shoplifting). She went to Woolworth's to but some milk and stationary for my sister. She just went inside without and shopping basket or trolly. She took milk and some stationaries. Accidentally, she put her stationaries into her bag and while checkout she forget to paid and was considered as a shop lifter. She was under influence of high pain killer due to her tooth pain and feeling dizzy. She put stuff into her bag because, back home when she go for shopping at DMart (departmental store in Mumbai) they offer shopping bag for small item purchases, basket for items more than 10 and trolly for heavy items. She accidentally put stationaries in her bad thinking of she was putting in her shopping beg. She is a housewife and from a very Rich and Lawful family. My father is one of the rich person of my city belongs from construction and hotel industry. And She travels a lot especially overseas. Her english is very poor as well, hence she didn't quite get of what was going on or what police was telling her. She is happy to pay fine if requires but she is worries about getting this as a criminal record and restricting her visit to Australia or any other countries. My parents are planning to visit USA in November for celebrating their anniversary. She is bit worried about getting her USA UK and Australian visa rejected.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: Means
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  GSenmartin replied 10 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay as I may also be assisting other customers at the same time and I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Customer: My mom is holding a tourist visa. Yesterday, she was caught and charged as an unauthorised dealing with goods (shoplifting). She went to Woolworth's (at Gold Cost) to buy some milk and stationary for my sister. She just went inside without and shopping basket or trolly as this are small items and she can carry them. She took 3 Liters milk bottle and some stationaries. Accidentally, she put stationaries into her bag and while checkout she forget to paid and was considered as a shoplifter. She was under influence of high pain killer due to her tooth pain and was also feeling dizzy and My boyfriend was also calling her to pick her up. Accidentally, she put stuff into her bag because, back home when she go for shopping at D-Mart (departmental store) they offer shopping bag for small item purchases, basket for items more than 10 and trolly for heavy items. She accidentally put stationaries in her bad thinking of she was putting in her shopping beg. She is a housewife and from a very Rich and Lawful family. My father is one of the rich person of my city belongs from construction, five start hotels and resorts industry. And She travels a lot especially overseas. Her English is very poor, hence she didn't quite get of what was going on or what police was trying to tell her. She is happy to pay any fines if requires but she is worried about getting this as a criminal record and restricting her visit to Australia or any other countries. My parents are planning to visit USA in November for celebrating their anniversary. She is bit worried about getting her USA UK and Australian visa rejected. She is from a very reputed family and getting her name involved in such matters will hit our family reputation and status.
My apologies. Your question ended up in the U.S. immigration forum. Let me opt out and have it transferred to the Australia Law forum. No need to respond to me now as it could delay the transfer process. Again, my apologies. I'm sure another expert will be right with you. Thank you for your patience.