Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

My names ***** *****, JA: Thanks. Can you give me any

Customer Question

Hi my names ***** *****,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I bought a car that turned out to b stolen from another party. I did revs cheack before purchase. The guy i bought it from had recept from original owner and i got a recept when i purchased it. Then the car taken off me and given back to original owner. Iv lost out even tho i did everything right,
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.
Good MorningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.You have to sue the person that sold the car to you. The police will also have him charged.These are your only options.REVS does not deal with stolen cars that is a police matter and unfortunately not speaking to the police before you bought it you have to now sue the person that sold it to you.I am sorry I cannot give you anything more positive. If there is nothing furtherthank you for using my services.If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me knowIf there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.RegardsLeon