Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

How can I find out if I have a warrant arrest in Queensland

Customer Question

How can I find out if I have a warrant for my arrest in Queensland ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My house got raided in Queensland and they found a number of illegal substances, I was charged with several things and taken to the watch house and staying overnight until I appeared in court the next morning, for some reason I was given bail and they let me go. I left QLD straight away and never went back?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.You have 2 options. The first is if you know the court that you were to appear before, to contact them and request whether there have been any orders made issuing a warrant for your arrest and provide them with your full name and date of birth.The other is to contact the Queensland police and make enquiries with them on whether they hold a warrant.The first would be your best option as this would not alert the police and have them make enquiries as to your whereabouts so that they can enforce the warrant. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me knowIf there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.RegardsLeon