How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 43979
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been working full time Winda Murra Aborignal

Customer Question

I have been working full time for the Winda Murra Aborignal Corporation since Jul 2015. In Jan 2016 I resigned from my position and a week later I asked if I could withdraw by resignation as I had made a mistake by resigning.
They agreed and I worked as a casual for 1 month then I was reinstated and an ongoing employee. Two weeks ago I went to work and was told I was not required anymore as I had resigned. When I asked them today for a separation certificate they advised in writing I had resigned on 22 Jan 2016. I needed the separation certificate for centreline and now they are paying back pay because of the resignation date.
I am 18 years old and do not have much work experience, can you please advise as I though I had a full time job
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good MorningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.Because they have allowed you to withdraw the resignation you were a continuing employee and their actions can be seen as unfair dismissal and a termination. Take them to Fair Work and sue for unfair dismissal or report them to Cetnrelink and provide evidence of what has happened.They have terminated you they have to pay you out annual leave and also give you payment for notice.I hope this makes sense and is of assistance If there is nothing furtherthank you for using my services.If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me knowIf there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.RegardsLeon