Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

My name is***** after info about travelling to bali

Customer Question

My name is***** after info about travelling to bali for 7days holiday.. im nz citizen living in australia with a previous criminal conviction.. but heard there were recent changes where people might not be able to get into indonesia and need to apply for a visa
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i jst wanted to know whether i cud stil go on a short stay tourist visa and get one when i get there.. or do i hav to aaply for a visa before travelling
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.
HelloThere has been no recent changes in respect of VISA / travel issues with criminal convictions in Indonesia. That being said, they still do look at criminal history, but nothing has changed recently that will jeopardise your right to travel there that was not present previously. Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions without further payment from you once done.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
So are you saying people with criminal convictions can stil go over on the 30day short term visa without having to fill out anything for their past convictions?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Iv seen on other threads people who used to travel to bali all the time without hassel for short term holidays and recently they travelled there a got sent back to australia without explaination?
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.
It of course is a matter for the authorities there, I cannot guarantee anything, however legally, the legislation has not changed with respect of the 30 days. What the authorities do there, regardless of the law, is another situation entirely.
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.
Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions without further payment from you once done.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok no problem.. I knew its up to the authorities to make the final decision however I was jst wanting a solid answer whether or not i could go on the 30days.. There must be no guarantee then and still have the same question as in the first post.. Thanks tho
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.
All the best with it. It is a gamble clearly, but we are dealing with Indonesia, not a country known for its reasonableness. Please rate my service.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for trying to help however im not to satisfied with answer as im still unsure if i am able to or not.. I think it might be better if I talk with the indonesia embassy here in Australia and see if I can get a definate answer. Thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.
Hello
All I can do is advice you of the legal issues.
I clearly am not in a position to know what someone in Indonesia will do regardless of their laws.