Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

How do I get a criminal record from 1994 in NSW expunged.it

Customer Question

How do I get a criminal record from 1994 in NSW expunged.it was for a shoplifting offence
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I was charged in 1995 for a shoplifting offence. I have had a ran record since and have been gainfully employed. I want to have the record removed. Is this possible and what is the process
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.
HelloAs it is over 10 years, it is a spent conviction, in NSW anyway. A solicitor can assist in formally having it removed from your record, but as it has been over 10 years, the spent conviction applies, as it is a minor offence. More info:http://www.turnbullhill.com.au/articles/spent-convictions-and-an-individual-s-criminal-history.html Please click accept and rate my service.
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.
HelloI note I have not heard back from you.I wish to assist you, please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions if any after doing so at no further cost.
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.
HelloI have not heard a response from you?I wish to assist. Please click accept and rate my service. I can answer further questions after doing so at no further cost. ​I look forward to hearing from you.