Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

I just have a question about sponsorship of partner JA:

Customer Question

hi I just have a question about sponsorship of partner
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm a Muslim and we are allowed to marry more than one wives I'm already married and intend to marry a 2nd women is it possible for me to sponsor her as spouse so that she can live with me
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i sponsored my first wife 6 years ago and she is a citizen already.
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.
Good EveningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.You cannot marry more than 1 in australia it is against the law. Any second spouse you have is defacto. You cannot sponsor a second wife. You are only permitted to sponsor 1. If you want to sponsor another you have to show you and your first wife are divorced. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Thanks for the answer. Does that mean I can apply for defacto visa?
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.
Good EveningYou can but you have to know the person for 12 months before you can apply.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've known her for more than 5 years. whats the process for applying defacto visa?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also one more question... I was told the website is going to charge me 18$ but it has charged me 76$. is that right?
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.
Good MorningI cannot say what you agreed to pay. You made an offer at the beginningThe process is an application for a partner visa.