Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

I have recently been terminated from my role as a construction

Customer Question

I have recently been terminated from my role as a construction manager where I was forced to become an independent contractor on ABN by my employee I went from a 85k salary plus super annual leave car phone etc to 65k plus car phone and a commission rate Almost 4 years after becoming a contractor I was forced to sign an agreement under duress with the threat of no payments id I didn't I was conveniently terminated six months Later Am I entitled to superannuation for those 4 years Also at the end I got them to agree to a small amount of annual leave am I entitled to more
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.The agreement is invalid as you signed under duress and because you were an employee to terminate you this is unfair dismissal, but you should have filed at the time. Even as a contractor they have to pay you superannuation if you only work for them. Here is some information