Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My friend overstated his visa years illegally in

Customer Question

Hi My friend overstated his visa for 15 years illegally in Australia the border security locked him in detention centre for one month and on his arrival to his country he has been locked for 2 months in prison. What a chance for him to comeback to Australia and if he gets married to Australian citizen how long will take to bring him back? Thanks
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.Because he was illegal he will not be allowed back in.He will have to remain out of australia for at least 5 years minimum. He should have been notified of the period that he will not be allowed to apply for another visa on his deportation. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon