Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I initially signed a contract house and land package,

Customer Question

I initially signed a contract for a house and land package, I paid a total of 10,000$ since then I have been informed that now there is 2 separate deals, one for the land and one for the house. I have received a notice to pay 79,000 $ more for a now deposit on the house for which I have received no contract.
In recent weeks my business suffered a huge loss when one of my truck was involved in a 'write-off' accident which took most of my savings and I'm no financial position to pay this extra unknown payment.
The broker has told me that I must now use my business as a security to getan advance on this loan.
Because of all the non disclosed 'pop-up' extra costs and the demand for my vehicles as surety I wish to break the contract, Is this possible.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.What does your contract say? Have you had it looked at by the Solicitor?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.
Good AfternoonThe contract you have singed does it say house and land packages and does it include details of the house?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the signed document shows an amount for land and attached was all the specifications and selections that were going into the house. After consultation with the broker he assured me that all the necessary contracts were together. This morning I went over all the paperwork and can find nothing that has my signature pertaining to the house. I should mention that this offer is for a new development off the plan for investment purposes.
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.
can you email it to me.***@******.*** can then have a look at it.